APN Group is a leading provider of outsourced Accounting and HR services in the metro-Atlanta area. We serve a diverse array of clients from start-ups to established businesses. At APN Group we value professionalism and a passion for excellence in client service. We enjoy close relationships with our clients who see us as an integral part of their business.
Getting hired at APN Group is more than the right connections and a solid track record. It’s about fit. Is your drive aimed in the same direction as ours? Does your high-performance DNA match ours? Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever, which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception at APN Group like nowhere else.
As a Controller Consultant you will be responsible for the preparation and review of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and statement of cash flow, pursuant to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Other responsibilities for assigned clients include ongoing phone and in-person consultations, enhanced and tailored reporting and analysis, development and documentation of policies and procedures, software conversions, assessment and onboarding of new clients, and other ad hoc projects tailored to meet each clients’ needs.
- Culture champion
- Assist in managing and developing staff and accounting
- Develop innovative solutions for client to use APN services
- Prepare workpapers in accordance with GAAP for your client portfolio to be on time, accurate, valuable and polished
- cope and budget management for client invoicing and staff utilization
- Maintains and enforces accounting policies and procedures and evaluates and recommends improvements
- Design AR/AP, payroll, internal controls and other procedures as necessary to ensure client has best in class practices that improve business operations and bottom lines
- Improve DSO, understanding of debt obligations and favorable arrangements to improve cash flow
- Complete bank reconciliations on time and accurately
- Issue financial statements accurately and timely along with industry benchmarks and other metrics that will help improve business operations
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Develop annual budgets, forecasts, cost reports and other ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Strong proficiency in NetSuite, QuickBooks, Outlook, Word, Excel and preferably other accounting software (e.g., Sage, Intacct, Great Plains)
- Hands-on experience with AR, AP and payroll processes
- Strong general ledger and reconciliation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand the story told by the financial statements and ability to communicate that story to the client explaining how they can use that data to improve their business.
- Exceptional project management competencies with the ability to understand, review, communicate and adhere to engagement scope
- Enjoy working with multiple clients in a variety of industries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with clients and internal team
- Public accounting or audit experience
- Prior Engagements in consulting or contract work
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- End-to-end implementation of controls (processes and policies)
- Financial month-end close responsibilities
- Statutory/regulatory accounting experience
At APN Group, we walk the talk of our core values and incorporate them into our culture: Integrity, Innovation, Client-Centric, Accountability, Excellence, and Adaptability.
- Client-Focused: you will have exemplary communications skills, acute business acumen, proactive and above-and-beyond service efforts, and a strong desire to help small business ‘make sense’ of all the numbers.
- Driven: you will be a motivated self-starter who is analytic, detail-oriented and accurate, with the ability to see ‘the big picture.’
- Collaborator: you will provide each client with a team of resources and be responsible for supporting and training your client services team members.
- Problem solver: You enjoy and can research and troubleshooting problems as they arise. You know how to be resourceful. You know when to attempt to solve a problem on your own and when to reach out for help.
- Reliable and disciplined: You are responsible and able to manage your own schedule without direct oversight daily. You can perceive and react to your client’s needs. You can be focused and responsive with the flexibility of that schedule.
- Innovator: you will have a strong passion for technology and challenging the status quo. Success at APN Group requires innovation in technology and use of cloud-based strategies that require continual training to stay relevant, competitive, and efficient.
What you are looking for:
- Work-Life balance: APN Group’s employment model is ideal for candidates who are looking for balance in their day-to-day work.
- Flexible schedule: hours are flexible if client needs and deadlines are met, with the exception that client meetings and trainings must be conducted during standard business hours.
- Working from home: flexibility to work from a dedicated home office with high-speed internet connection, or from our centrally located office on Peachtree Street between Midtown and Buckhead. In most cases, employees can expect to have the ability to work from home 30% of the time.
- Earnings potential: depending on the individual and role, compensation is hourly based with additional incentives based upon your workload. Depending on employment status, health insurance and 401(k) is offered.
- Variety: Different clients. Different industries. Different challenges for each client.
APN Group strives to be long-term partners and collaborators with our clients. If you are looking for temporary or contract work, this company is not for you. We want our employees – whether part-time or full-time – committed to building strong relationships with their clients.
Careers with APN Group. We built this organization around one objective: helping small- to medium-sized companies understand their financials, building their financial literacy and confidence, and fostering lasting and trusting relationships. APN Group is a strong close-knit team of professionals who are looking for similarly driven individuals who strive to reach their fullest potential. For you, that means working on an elite team where you have the flexibility to fulfill your life’s passion.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: APN Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates are required to complete an application and submit to a background check.