APN Group is a leading provider of outsourced Accounting and HR services in the metro-Atlanta area. We serve a diverse array of clients from start-ups to established businesses. At APN Group, we value professionalism and a passion for excellence in client service. We enjoy close relationships with our clients who see us as an integral part of their business.
Getting hired at APN Group is more than the right connections and a solid track record. It’s about fit. Is your drive aimed in the same direction as ours? Does your high-performance DNA match ours? Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever, which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception at APN Group like nowhere else.
As a Staff Accountant you will be responsible for performing routine accounting tasks for clients either onsite or remotely, such as account reconciliations, payroll processing, invoicing, AP processing, pursuant to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Other responsibilities for assigned clients include ongoing phone and in-person consultations, enhanced and tailored reporting and analysis, development and documentation of policies and procedures, software conversions, and other ad hoc projects tailored to meet each clients’ needs.
- Process AP, AR, payroll, cash receipts and cash disbursements
- Assist with month end close
- Reconcile bank items, inventory, book journal entries and maintain balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation for audit and tax filings
- Prioritize daily tasks, client requests, and meet deadlines with multitude of clients
- Bookkeeping certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- One to three years accounting experience working in small to mid-size businesses or a CPA firm
- Strong general ledger and reconciliation skills
- Must have inventory experience
- Hands-on experience with AR, AP and payroll processes
- We require a strong proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, QuickBooks and other preferably other accounting software (NetSuite, Peachtree, Intacct, Great Plains etc.). You must have the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy working with multiple clients in a variety of industries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with clients and internal team
- Public accounting or audit experience
- End-to-end implementation of controls (processes and policies)
- Financial month-end close responsibilities
- Statutory/regulatory accounting experience
- Cloud-based platforms and a passion for technology
- Prior Engagements in consulting or contract work
At APN Group, we walk the talk of our core values and incorporate them into our culture: Balance Matters ~ Achieve Goals Through Collaboration ~ Lead With Integrity ~ Aspire To Excellence ~ Nurture Growth ~ Commit 100% ~ Expect The Unexpected
- Balance Matters: You are responsible and able to manage your own schedule without direct oversight daily. You can perceive and react to your client’s needs. You can be focused and responsive with the flexibility of that schedule.
- Achieve Goals Through Collaboration: You will provide each client with a team of resources and be responsible for supporting and training your client services team members.
- Lead With Integrity: You will be a motivated self-starter who is analytic, detail-oriented and accurate, with the ability to see ‘the big picture.’
- Aspire To Excellence: you will have exemplary communications skills, acute business acumen, proactive and above-and-beyond service efforts, and a strong desire to help small business ‘make sense’ of all the numbers.
- Nurture Growth: You will provide each client with a team of resources and be responsible for supporting and training your client services team members.
- Commit 100%: You will have a strong passion for technology and challenging the status quo. Success at APN Group requires innovation in technology and use of cloud-based strategies that require continual training to stay relevant, competitive, and efficient.
- Expect The Unexpected: You enjoy and can research and troubleshooting problems as they arise. You know how to be resourceful. You know when to attempt to solve a problem on your own and when to reach out for help.
What you are looking for:
- Work-Life Balance: APN Group’s employment model is ideal for candidates who are looking for balance in their day-to-day work.
- Flexible schedule: hours are flexible as long as client needs and deadlines are met, with the exception that client meetings and trainings must be conducted during standard business hours.
- Working from home: flexibility to work from a dedicated home office with high-speed internet connection, or from our centrally located office on Peachtree Street between Midtown and Buckhead. In most cases, employees can expect to have the ability to work from home 80% of the time.
- Earnings potential: depending on the individual and role, compensation is hourly based with additional incentives based upon your workload. Depending on employment status, health insurance and 401(k) is offered.
- Variety: Different clients. Different industries. Different challenges for each client.
APN Group strives to be long-term partners and collaborators with our clients. If you are looking for temporary or contract work, this company is not for you. We want our employees – whether part-time or full-time – committed to building strong relationships with their clients.
Careers with APN Group. We built this organization around one objective: helping small- to medium-sized companies understand their financials, building their financial literacy and confidence, and fostering lasting and trusting relationships. APN Group is a strong close-knit team of professionals who are looking for similarly driven individuals who strive to reach their fullest potential. For you, that means working on an elite team where you have the flexibility to fulfill your life’s passion.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: APN Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates are required to complete an application and submit to a background check.